PHYSICAL PROPERTIES of ABDOS Labware
- Autoclaving (121°C, 15 psi for 20 minutes) Clean and rinse item with distilled water before autoclaving. Certain chemicals which have no appreciable effect on resins at room temperature may cause deterioration at autoclaving temperatures. ALWAYS COMPLETELY DISENGAGE THREADS BEFORE AUTOCLAVING.
- Gas – Ethylane oxide, fomaldehyde.
- Dry Heat – 106°C for 120 minutes
- Disinfection – Benzalkonium chloride, Formalin, Ethanol,etc.
- Radiation – gamma irradiated at 2.5 Mard with unstablized plastic.
- + Sterilizing reduces mechanical strength. Do not use PC vessels
for vacuum application if they have been autoclaved.